Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Expenses

Currently the Occupy Movement is calling for a WORLD REVOLUTION...

I've mentioned all throughout my blog on how this movement causes conflict within me.
This article talks about how the Occupy movement is causing harm to America.

A survey was done that revealed over 13 MILLION taxpayer dollars have been spent on cleaning up after these protestors.

The article revealed more problems caused by the "peaceful" protestors.

http://www.snctimes.com/features/occupy-wall-street-helping-to-harm-the-nation-1.2717471#.TtVv92ASRh4


When cleaning up the mess that was left by the protesters in ZuccottiPark, workers found various weapons including knives left behind in flower beds.

               According to a survey by the Associated Press, approximately $13 million has been spent by city taxpayers in response to the movement, including the cost of cleanup, with the majority of the money spent on law enforcement overtime. 

            Occupiers believe that much of this money could have been saved if they were allowed to protest freely, but the cities argue that law enforcement is needed to ensure that the protests remain peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I just saw your comment on my post from last November! I'm really a slacker!

    I completely agree with you. It stirs a lot of conflict in me as well. I don't want to appear like I'm stereotyping, but it seems that many of those OWS protestors just wanted something to complain about. It's been my experience with a small amount of people that those that are truly struggling because of the financial burdens and whatnot are the ones that are really TRYING to do what they can and not sit around and point fingers. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have my student loan debt wiped clean (still racking that up!), but I accepted federal loans under the knowledge that I would pay them back. I don't believe I have the right for someone to pay those instead of myself.

    It is unfortunate that some 30% (don't quote me on that, I don't remember the exact percentage) of college graduates can't find a job right now. I really do feel for them. I just find it in myself to have very little pity and/or empathy for those that do not at least TRY to help themselves. Thanks for your input!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my statistic for college graduates was way off. It's closer to 9%. (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-05-12/business/bs-bz-jobs-college-grads-20120512_1_college-degree-college-grads-job-market) However, I did find that 1 in every 3 high school students is unemployed. (http://www.heldrich.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/content/Left_Out_Forgotten_Work_Trends_June_2012.pdf)

    ReplyDelete